It’s been a busy past couple of weeks so I figured I would post a bit of an update on progress and upcoming plans.
Just before Christmas I uploaded All Ways Down to newGrounds and shortly after to Kongregate, with some reasonable success, managing to hit the front page of newGrounds just a few days after uploading :-). I received some great feedback from the users of these sites, which has allowed me to improve the gameplay, iron out some bugs and give it some more polish overall(I’ll include the full list of changes at the end of this post).
Because I’ve been working on these further updates I decided to temporarily put the android build on hold, and focus on improving the version that was available. But, do not fear, I am still planning on releasing All Ways Down on Android. However, I want to make sure it is ready and tested before I do so, which may take a little longer. Though I do currently have a stable finished build running on both a mobile and tablet so it shouldn’t be too long, it just depend on whether or not I add a feature I’ve been thinking about…
Now All Ways Down is almost finished, (again), I’m starting to think about my next project. I have a couple ideas in mind which you might hear more about once I’ve fleshed them out a bit. I also have a couple ideas for this site but we’ll have to wait and see.
Anyhow, I’m off to go have some fun in Unity,
All Ways Down Change-log:
- Increased pickup size.
- Increased goal detection area.
- Increased level rotation speed.
- Improved various UI elements.
- Added current level number to pause and level complete screens.
- Added trail effect.
- Tweaked overall game difficulty.
- Added mute button.
- Added mouse input for level rotation.
- Tweaks to early levels to adjust game’s difficulty curve.
- Added restart button.